So, one day I was sitting in the hairdresser flicking through magazines and came across a “Cheat Recipe” for Paella. Love Paella! Now, if I can make a cheat version that cuts down prep and cooking time then I’ll definitely try it out. Of course, it’s not going to be as authentic but it’s still delicious.
This is all you need:
- Rice (I use Uncle Ben’s Mexican style rice – it has alot of the flavours in it already and it’s basically already cooked, it just needs to be heated up). If you don’t like to eat anything spicy, try the Spanish Rice or another option in the Uncle Ben’s rice range.
- Raw frozen prawns (I use already peeled prawns)
- Coriander/Cilantro bunch (fresh)
- Chorizo (I use the one that’s already chopped)
- Red/Spanish Onion
- Mussels (if you like it – I didn’t use it in this particular dish)
Spray a wok or pan with olive oil and start cooking the prawns in a pan. Once cooked, add the chopped onions and chorizo until brown. (Also, add mussels to this stage if you choose to include it).
Add rice (2 or 3 packets depending on how many people you’re cooking for), tomato and coriander.
Once cooked, it’s all ready to serve!
If you decide to try out this version, I’d love to hear your feedback and see what you think (and how it turned out). Enjoy!