Who’s ready for Halloween? – the time of year where you can get dressed up in costumes to celebrate, deck out your house with spooky and creepy decor, and create food items that don’t always look inviting or edible.
What do you usually do to celebrate Halloween? do you make it tradition to go out trick or treating or do you generally like to attend or throw Halloween parties?
If you haven’t already figured out what costume you’ll be wearing this Halloween, here are some ideas I quickly came up with that might be helpful:
1) Traditional – Witches, Warlocks, Wizards, Zombies, Vampires, Mummy, Ghost, Alien
2) Dark Movie Character – Edward Scissorhands, ‘Scream’ slasher, Freddy Kruger, Chucky Doll, Cannibal, Carrie from ‘Carrie’ movie, Beetlejuice, Elvira
3) Other Characters – Sully & Mike Wazowski from Monsters Inc, Dexter, Mr Burns from The Simpsons, Fred & Wilma Flintstone, Snow White & The Huntsman, Harry Potter, Mary Poppins, Shrek, Peter Pan & Tinkerbell
4) Celebrities – Kim Kardashian & Kanye West, Prince, Tina Turner, Cher, Miley Cyrus, Dennis Rodman, Nicki Minaj, KIZZ band, Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt with kids, Britney Spears
5) Miscellaneous – Nurse, Doctor, Fireman, Police, Carpenter
Or, if in doubt and just want to do something really simple, you can always wear your own old clothes, add a bit of fake blood (whether you buy some from a discount shop or make your own by using maple syrup, red food dye and chocolate topping), paint or powder your face till it’s white and colour around your eyes with dark make up. Super simple.
Either way, enjoy the festivities and don’t forget to be generous with treats for the trick-or-treaters that may stop by your place.