Love decorating the home but don’t want to spend a fortune on designer decor? As much as some of us would love to be able to deck our homes out with high-end, stylish, designer decor, we really don’t have to spend a fortune to make it look stylish, modern or fresh.
There are so many stores around these days that sell home decor for sometimes half the price of some of these more expensive homewares stores, and the quality really isn’t all that different. Sometimes all a space may need are one or two simple items to spruce up the room.
A few simple tips to take into consideration when looking at adding a bit of decor to a room:
- If your couch is a plain colour, use patterned cushions to stand out a bit as a contrast to the couch
- If your couches are dark, use cushions with a brighter colour so it pops (and matches with the rest of your decor
- If your living area has timber-flooring or tiles, a simple rug under the coffee table can make it look that much more cosy
- Stick with a consistent colour scheme or theme in your home or room, it brings the whole room together nicely when everything compliments each other, plus when you add small items to fit that theme, it can give the appearance that an interior designer has been responsible for decking out your space
- Keep spaces de-cluttered – you don’t need alot of nick-nacks and decorations to make a room look nice or cosy, simple decor can do the trick – remember: sometimes less is more
- Lighter colours can make a room appear bigger
- If you’re going to fill a wall with photos, try stick with the same looking frame to avoid having a wall look too messy
Below are some items I found that can spruce up your home on a budget (indoors and outdoors). Take a look at the prices of each item and where I found them. They’re all very affordable.