As you probably know by now, I love a recipe that’s quick and easy to make. This one’s for the chocolate lovers! I’m a fan of Cadbury chocolate too and just so happened to find this one on the Cadbury Kitchen website. It’s their “Milk Chocolate Coconut No-Bake Slice” under the ‘Biscuits & Slices’ section – sounded good so I thought I’d give it a try. What got me was the “chocolate” and the “no-bake” (no bake? yes!).
So this is all you need:
- 1 1/2 cups desiccated coconut
- 1 cup cornflake crumbs
- 1 cup saltanas
- 1/2 cup sweetened craisins (which I actually forgot when I made mine – oops! but still tasted good without it)
- 1/3 cup CADBURY BOURNVILLE Cocoa, sifted
- 400g sweetened condensed milk
- 90g butter, melted
For the topping:
- 125g CADBURY Milk Chocolate Melts
- 90g butter, extra, chopped
Once you have the ingredients, just follow these easy steps:
1) Crush the cornflakes in a bowl so they’re in smaller pieces as per below.
2) Add coconut, fruit, cocoa, condensed milk and melted butter in the same bowl and combine ingredients together until it looks like the below picture.
3) Once you’ve mixed these ingredients, press into the base of a greased pan and refrigerate until firm.
4) Now, it’s time to make the topping! Chop up the remaining butter into cubes and place in a mixing bowl with the chocolate buttons. Place the bowl over a simmering pot of hot water – so be mindful of the bowl you use for this melting process. Mix the 2 ingredients together while it melts together over the simmering pot of water.
5) Once the chocolate and butter were completely melted together, spread over the slice and chill again until set.
6) Store in an airtight container until it’s ready to be eaten. Cut into squares or thin rectangles. The website shows the thin rectangles, but it seemed easier for me to cut into squares without completely cracking the chocolate topping.
This sweet little treat doesn’t take long at all to make, nor does it take long to set in the fridge (I actually stuck it in the freezer to make it set a little faster), so you can eat it not long after it being made. It can actually serve quite a few people or you can make it last over a few days. Either way it’s delicious and definitely satisfies that sweet hit. Enjoy!