Are you planning to go for a family vacation? Every family wants a vacation filled with memorable moments that are savoured for years to come. Your preliminary preparations play a great role in either making your trip a memorable one or a total disaster. And if you are travelling with kids, it will definitely require more planning to make it successful. Here are a few travelling tips that will help you remember all the things you need to stuff into your luggage.
- Keeping your luggage light provides flexibility to your trip. I would rather prefer keeping a few dark coloured clothes as they are efficient in hiding dirt and would leave a lighter laundry behind. Avoid keeping the heavy stuff like hiking boots until you have serious plans to go for it. If you are going to a tropical country, take cotton clothes as these are light. Avoid carrying bulky clothes.
- Pack bags with what is needed first on the top. A towel for a quick shower or a change of clothes, depending on your requirement. The purpose is to avoid spending too much time on fishing out things from your bag.
- Keep the first aid kit within easy reach. Apart from band-aids, antiseptics, ointments etc it should also include all the prescriptions used by the family.
- Encourage the kids to pack their own stuff so as to minimize the chances of complaint. It will also help them learn for future travel.
- Teenagers should be checked on the amount of stuff to be carried. Limit the size of bag for them.
- Make sure all your important documents are taken care of. These may include your driver’s license, itinerary, air tickets, ID Proof, passports for foreign travels etc
- Make sure your funding needs are met adequately. Do not forget to take your cash, credit card and ATM or travelers check, if required. In case of foreign travels, ensuring your cards work in the country you are going to visit is very important.
- If you are planning to travel by car, the first and foremost thing to do is to get it thoroughly checked by an expert mechanic like RWC Glen Waverley before proceeding for your destination.
- Toiletries should be packed carefully. It should include tissues, tooth paste, toothbrushes, dental floss, shampoo, conditioner, hair gel, etc., shaving gear contact lenses, wipes, reading glasses, skin cream, sunscreen, makeup, nail clippers, tweezers, foot powder, lip balm, ear plugs, hand sanitizer etc.
- If travelling with kids, keep sufficient snacks handy. Frequent stopovers for snacking purposes will be a sheer waste of time. At the same time it will make kids comfortable in the car.
- Do not forget to pack camera for your kids. It keeps them occupied and entertained and they get into the habit of recording travel experience early. Sometimes kids get the best of the pictures clicked.
- For toddlers, stuff like small favorite toys, favorite blankets etc will make them comfortable. Carrying activity books is also quite useful.
- Travelling with babies needs all the more planning. Include bottles, formula, baby food, diapers, wipes, plastic bags for trash and enough clothing.
- It is not a bad idea to keep flashlight or torch to use in emergency.
- You can also carry your favorite book for reading in case of long travelling hours.
- Always keep some space for extra luggage even if you don’t intend to shop. It would be wise, if possible, to carry an extra suitcase to load it with your souvenirs.
With all these tips for packing for your family vacations, I do hope to make your trip easier, comfortable and all the more enjoyable.Whether travelling alone or with the family, all it takes is a little planning and some effort to make your voyage a memorable one.